Upgrade of itcl breaks tkdesk

LarsKöller Lars at koellers.net
Tue Dec 16 11:52:17 PST 2003

Hello,

i'm really sad to hear tkdesk is nearly dead. It's a nice tool, but in
with KDE and GNOME fighting against on the desktop, there is no
interest in small usefull tool.

However, it would be very nice to bring tkdesk to tcl8.4+, and have it
available some more time.

Perhaps we should modify the port to use his own static linked
itcl lib, only included in the tkdesk port for keeping tkdesk
running if it's not possible to have enough resources to port it to a
current tcl version.

So far good luck and best regards

Lars

--