REPOST: null device in linux jail root

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Dec 16 12:12:03 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 01:15:07PM -0600, Charles Howse wrote:
> Surely, *someone* who reads this list has upgraded the linux_base port, and
> figured out the proper way to respond to this prompt.

I apply for item A but not item B -- in other words, I also don't have a clue
why this happened to me today on my -CURRENT machine (so it's not -STABLE
only). From my reading of the port Makefile, it appears that it first creates
the device node and then tests to see if it exists, but apparently that test
fails -- the message *should* be harmless, but the best thing to do is to
make the maintainer of the port aware of the problem, which in this case
is the general ports list (ports at FreeBSD.org) -- CC'd.

--Stijn

[rest of email quoted for reference, but please don't top post next time]

--
"Linux has many different distributions, meaning that you can probably find
one that is exactly what you want (I even found one that looked like a Unix
		-- Mike Meyer, from a posting at questions at freebsd.org