Problems using non-default user for amanda ports

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Dec 14 18:14:16 PST 2003

I'm rebuilding a machine thta, among other things, I use for my Amand tape
server.

Historicly I built Amanda outside the ports tree, but given how easy it is
to keep thinhs up to date with portupgrade, I would like to use the amanda
ports.

I'm doing:

make -DWITH_PLOT=yes -DAMANDA_USER=amandaa -DAMANDA_CONFIG=DailyDump

In the amanda-server port directory, but the binaries are still getting
installed owned by operator. Am I doing somehting wrong?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin