FreeBSD Port: smbfs-1.4.1

Boris Popov bp at freebsd.org
Sun Aug 31 07:14:54 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 11:04:54AM -0500, Richard J. Valenta wrote:

> I have been able to mount windows shares flawlessly with mount_smbfs on  i386
> machines, but the same commands to the same win2k servers seem to have problems
> under alpha (5.0release and 5.0current) - do you know what might cause this,
> and/or ideas on how i can repair it?
>
> This is the error:
>
> skunkworx# mount_smbfs -I 24.32.34.14 //backup at web1/www /archive/backup
> Password:
> mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Connection reset by peer
> skunkworx#

	Looks like incorrect port number supplied to connect() call. I'm
not sure why you mention smbfs-1.4.1 because smbfs now maintained in the
main tree. Please verify your install (eg remove stalled port files) and
if the problem persists try to take a tcpdump on the session of interest.

--
Boris Popov
http://rbp.euro.ru