FreeBSD Port: smbfs-1.4.1

Richard J. Valenta RJV at WEBLINKMO.COM
Thu Aug 14 09:04:58 PDT 2003

I have been able to mount windows shares flawlessly with mount_smbfs on
i386 machines, but the same commands to the same win2k servers seem to
have problems under alpha (5.0release and 5.0current) - do you know what
might cause this, and/or ideas on how i can repair it?

This is the error:

skunkworx# mount_smbfs -I 24.32.34.14 //backup at web1/www /archive/backup
Password:
mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Connection reset by
peer
skunkworx#

Thanks for the help.

Richard J. Valenta

Note:  The information contained in this e-mail message, including any
attachments, is legally privileged and confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, use or
dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please immediately, notify us by
telephone at 314/966.9993 and delete this message from your system.

This message is NOT or NOLONGER ENCRYPTED