.la files again

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Thu Apr 24 08:01:34 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:43:59PM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> I got another software package that keeps insisting on installing .la
> files. Seeing as the previous discussion (in the archives around
> March 1) didn't really get resolved, I'd like to ask:

IIRC, no one could refute my opinion to any significant degree:

.la files do not hurt anything (and are potentially useful).

Even if they are useless for a particular third-party
distribution, you don't really need to put a big effort into
removing them.  After all, they are but a few KB of disk.  There
are bigger fish to fry.

Regards,
--
wca