.la files again

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Thu Apr 24 07:44:18 PDT 2003

Hi,

I got another software package that keeps insisting on installing .la
files. Seeing as the previous discussion (in the archives around
March 1) didn't really get resolved, I'd like to ask:

- is it OK to submit a port that installs .la files, even if not really
  needed?
- if not, can anyone point out a method that forcably removes these .la
  files from the installation list? USE_LIBTOOL=yes doesn't seem to
  work on this port.

--Stijn

--
There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of
the most popular are 'Why are people born?', 'Why do they die?', and