Recent bsd.port.mk changes

Sergey Matveychuk sem at ciam.ru
Mon Apr 21 16:12:41 PDT 2003

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> If you compile e.g. python modules against multiple versions of
> python, they will have different package names and install in
> different places (so the packages do not conflict at all), but the
> same origin.  The new check will not allow the user to do this.
>
> Another case that is broken is when a port is built with different
> options from the same directory.  For example, ruby_r-qt2 and ruby-qt2
> have a common origin but are different and should be allowed to
> coexist.  This kills the build of ruby_r-qt2gl:
>
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-latest/ruby_r-qt2gl-0.14_1.log
>
> We should think about how to fix this so it is allowed.  Perhaps the
> key is to compare the pkg-plist for the ports with the same origin to
> see if any files conflict.

I see the problem. I guess we can check ports name too and so enable to
install them. I'll try it tomorrow.

> There also appears to be a bug that is performing substring matches on
> existing packages, somehow.
>
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-latest/kde-i18n-3.1.1.log
>
> kde-i18n-3.1.1 is not installed, but a lot of *-kde-i18n-3.1.1 ports

I don't understand a reason. All looks good. And I can't fully reproduce
it :(
I can't download so many and so big distfiles. I'v tried install some of
them, drop other from Makefile, and install kde-i18n itself. All passed
well.
Can you explore this situation in datail?

--
Sem.