script: display the packages on a system with no maintainer

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Apr 10 12:46:35 PDT 2003

Here's a quick little hack I worked up to go look through the results
of pkg_info and tell me which ports are shown as being maintained
by 'ports at freebsd.org'.  Perhaps it will encourage others to take a
look at whether they might want to volunteer to maintain some of
their favorite ports ...

I call it "abandoned", for lack of a better name.

mcl

#!/bin/sh
# Show the packages installed on a FreeBSD machine which have no
# maintainer.  Intended to help recruit new maintainers :-)
#
indexfile=$1
if [ -z ${indexfile} ]; then
  indexfile='/usr/ports/INDEX'
fi
pkg_info=`pkg_info`
installed=`echo "${pkg_info}" | sed -e 's/ .*//'`
echo "Packages installed on this system which have no maintainer:"
echo ""
for i in ${installed}; do
  abandoned=`grep "^${i}|" ${indexfile} | grep -i "ports at freebsd.org" | sed -e
  if [ ! -z ${abandoned} ] ; then
    echo "${pkg_info}" | grep "${abandoned}"
  fi
done