CFT: FreeBSD Package Base

kris at ixsystems.com kris at ixsystems.com
Tue Apr 30 18:46:13 UTC 2019

This was a big motivator for us to merge base pkgs into poudriere. In my career I've written 4 build systems that all do some variation of buildworld/kernel + poudriere + create ISO + create updates. I'm sure plenty of other FreeBSD consumers have done the same, and frankly its getting old. At least now I'm down to poudriere + create ISO only.

And my sympathies to anybody still having to use freebsd-update as part of their custom updating process 😉

--
Kris Moore
Vice President of Engineering