Question about poudriere "queued" ports?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Dec 6 20:17:48 UTC 2017

> Am 06.12.2017 um 20:29 schrieb Bryan Drewery <bryan-lists at shatow.net>:
>
> I knew this feature would be confusing.
>
> The Queued table is literally what was queued to build initially (after
> filtering out unneeded packages).  It is the full list of packages
> Poudriere is trying to build.
>
> It is *not* a "Remaining" or "Still" Queued list. It is an _Initially_
> Queued list.
>
> You can see the *Remaining* ports to build by adding
> HTML_TRACK_REMAINING=yes to poudriere.conf but it can incur a
> performance hit which is why it is off by default currently until I can
> improve it.
>
> The Queued list is merely informational.  It has no impact on
> functionality.  Poudriere is still "building everything like it used to do".

Hi Brian,

it looks like you’re right.
The ports were built, they just remained „listed“.

I was very confused by this.

I only build a subset of the whole ports-tree, about 2000 ports - but I didn’t really check to see if the packages were really there, but they are.

Maybe you could remove a package from the „Queue“ once it’s built?

Sorry for the noise.

Rainer