Question about poudriere "queued" ports?

Bryan Drewery bryan-lists at shatow.net
Wed Dec 6 19:29:04 UTC 2017

On 12/6/2017 2:17 AM, rainer at ultra-secure.de wrote:
> Am 2017-12-06 10:55, schrieb Matthew Seaman:
>> On 05/12/2017 20:47, rainer at ultra-secure.de wrote:
>>> after updating poudriere, I get a lot of ports showing up in the "Queued
>>> ports" section, with the reason being "listed".
>>>

>>> What does that mean?
>>
>> 'Queued ports' is the list of packages poudriere has calculated should
>> be in the repository.  Those given as 'listed' are the ones you've
>> specifically told poudriere to build -- you should also see build- and
>> run- time dependencies of those ports.  I think the ordering is
>> significant (BICBW) -- it shows what order poudriere will try and build
>> packages, although this is complicated by some packages taking ages to
>> build and holding up everything else that depends on them (llvm40,
>> openjdk8 are frequently this sort of culprit.)
>>
>> This is not the list of packages that poudriere will actually be
>> rebuilding, unless you're doing a 'poudriere bulk -c' to rebuild
>> everything from scratch.  The list is filtered to pull out any packages
>> where an update is available, plus anything that depends on the
>> updatable package.
>

> OK, but it doesn't build those "queued" packages.
>
> The build-run ends and they just stay as "listed".
>
> I just want it to build everything like it used to do ;-)

I knew this feature would be confusing.

The Queued table is literally what was queued to build initially (after
filtering out unneeded packages).  It is the full list of packages
Poudriere is trying to build.

It is *not* a "Remaining" or "Still" Queued list. It is an _Initially_
Queued list.

You can see the *Remaining* ports to build by adding
HTML_TRACK_REMAINING=yes to poudriere.conf but it can incur a
performance hit which is why it is off by default currently until I can
improve it.

The Queued list is merely informational.  It has no impact on
functionality.  Poudriere is still "building everything like it used to do".

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery