pkg: grace has a missing dependency: pdflib

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 10:49:27 UTC 2014

This is on a 10.0-RELEASE-p10 amd64 with
pkg-1.3.8_3. All packages installed via pkg.

I want to install fr-aster, and get this
message:

# pkg install fr-aster
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
pkg: grace has a missing dependency: pdflib
The following 29 packages will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        fr-aster: 11.6.0.1_3
        zsh: 5.0.7

Why does "grace has a missing dependency" in an official
pkg repo? Should I worry?

If I go ahead and install this package,
then on "pkg check -srda" I get:

# pkg check -srda
Checking all packages:  27%math/grace has a missing dependency: print/pdflib
math/grace has a missing dependency: math/fftw
Checking all packages: 100%

>>> Missing package dependencies were detected.
>>> Found 2 issue(s) in the package database.

pkg: No packages available to install matching 'print/pdflib' have been found in the repositories
>>> Summary of actions performed:

print/pdflib dependency failed to be fixed
math/fftw dependency failed to be fixed

>>> There are still missing dependencies.
>>> You are advised to try fixing them manually.

>>> Also make sure to check 'pkg updating' for known issues.

Please advise

Thanks

Anton