We need much better security updates for packages

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Oct 20 16:42:06 UTC 2014

> Am 20.10.2014 um 06:29 schrieb Martin Hanson <greencoppermine at yandex.com>:
>
> Hi
>
> This is a suggestion.
>
> If "pkg" is going to be any good, meaning as a real replacement for
> always compiling from ports, I think it is really important that we
> move away from a fixed weekly build when important security upgrades
> are pending.
>

> Or this could even be automatized perhaps?

I believe, the quarter-yearly „cuts“ of the ports-tree are supposed to be that.

I have no idea, however, how fast and plenty updates are coming to this branch.

I there a mailing-list only for commits to that particular branch?

I don’t want mails with all commits to the whole ports-tree….

I run my own poudriere server and if I really need a security-update, I copy the stuff over from my „current“ tree that follows head.

Ideally, I would just need to run a svn update - but I’d like to know in advance what has changed…