Fwd: NAT for use with OpenVPN

Morgan Wesström freebsd-database at pp.dyndns.biz
Mon Nov 11 08:46:50 UTC 2019

> OK. Here it comes:
>
> root at threepio:/usr/local/etc/openvpn # netstat -rn
> Routing tables

That machine looks good. I can't spot anything wrong on that side.

Can you also check the output of "sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding" and
make sure it's set to 1. This is what gateway_enable=YES should do.

Now I'd like to see the routing and ip info from one of the connected
clients. Preferably I'd like the same info from your Netgear router too
but I don't expect it to provide an interface to extract this info so it
will have to be the black box for now. The next step is then to start
pinging ip addresses from the client side, hop by hop until we don't
receive a reply. Starting with the local client vpn address, then the
local endpoint, the remote endpoint, the em0 address and so on. But I
want to make sure nothing is wrong on the ip stack level first.

/Morgan