pf and Lenovo USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Sat Aug 16 10:54:11 UTC 2014

Aaron Wright <wright546 at gmail.com> writes:

> For troubleshooting purposes, my pf.conf file has one line, "pass all".
>
> Everything works correctly with the em0 interface when pf is enabled.  I
> can ping the laptop, and I can connect to it using ssh
>
> The ue0 interface is the problem.  I can ping it when pf is enabled, but I
> cannot ssh into it.  If I disable pf, then I can successfully ssh into it.
>  I'm using the same rule set for both interfaces.  I don't know what's
> going on here.

Just to do away with the obvious

- what does pfctl -sr output, with and without ue0 plugged in?
- what does ifconfig -a output, with and without ue0 plugged in?

plus, what's the network topology? Is the box you're ssh-ing in from
in the directly connected network for either of the interfaces?

-Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/