FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE - pf rule being ignored

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Fri Nov 8 14:05:56 UTC 2013

Curious if your line breaks are correct ? Your block and pass rule appear to be on the same line.

This should do it . . .

block in all
block return in quick from !$internal_ip to $external_ip
pass out all keep state

But if you already have a block all rul there is no need for the second as your already blocking all traffic so I might suggest this not mowing your topology.

I also would not suggest "return" for non internal traffic except for specific targeted services that it might affect.
 . . .
:BEGIN

spoof on lo0
spoof on $ext_if

block all
pass out quick from $me
pass in quick from $int to $me

:END

And that should accomplish what you are trying to do IIUC.

You can use pftop to verify packets on hit rules.