Reloading anchors with many streams

Manoj Ganesan manoj.ganesan at gmail.com
Wed May 15 15:32:09 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

I'm just beginning to use FreeBSD + PF, for a use-case of multiple (1000s
of) UDP streams, each attached via an anchor. When I unload/flush one of
these anchors (say I tear down a stream), does it affect the other streams
enough to create jitter? In general, does reloading or manipulating an
anchor cause the other connections to be affected negatively?

Also, design-wise is this an okay approach, where I have to
bring-up/tear-down streams on the fly, and I use anchors for the purpose?

Thanks,
Manoj