Problem with consistent disconnection of IRC sessions

Kevin K kkutzko at teksavvy.com
Thu Apr 24 19:46:02 UTC 2008

I am running a basic freebsd 7.0 pf router/firewall for my home computer. On
this same machine I am usually running an IRC (tcp 6667) session.

It seems as though every 30 minutes to every several hours, my IRC session
disconnects and reconnects itself.

I'm passing in/out tcp 6667 w/ FLAGS S/SA keep state. I'm scrub in all +
scrub out all , and basically it's a standard setup.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me more. I have my PF rules if more
information is needed but hopefully someone has a suggestion without
requiring that.

Thank you,

Kevin K.