pftop 0.7 in ports ?

Thomas Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Wed Apr 9 23:26:17 UTC 2008

>>> When can we expect to see this in ports ?
>>>

>> went in seconds before you hit send ;)

I am thoroughly enjoying the new filtering feature :), but I have a
couple of questions:
The 'rate' column stops updating when I add a filter like say "port 80".
If I am watching
a download and then decide to filter that connection only, the rate
column freezes at the
value it was at when I applied the filter. Any way to fix this ?

And a minor annoyance:
It seems that when I want to remove a filter I can only delete it using
the delete key as
opposed to the backspace key. This is counter intuitive but it works for
me with my PC
keyboard. My colleagues Macbook doesn't have a delete key so you have to
exit pftop
and start it again to remove the filter.

I also have a third question, not specific to 0.7 though, but I'll sneak
it in anyway:
Long running sessions seem to give wrong Rate calculations quite
consistently, for
example at the moment i have an udp state which is an openvpn tunnel.
pftop says the age
is 218 hours and it has transferred close to 40 gigabytes. The rate
currently says "36864M"
which is obviously wrong :) It isn't stable there, sometimes is goes
down to ~7000M and
stays there for a bit. Anyway, this tunnel is over an ADSL so I wish..
I also noticed this with 0.6, so as I said, this isn't specific to pftop
0.7.

I don't have access to an OpenBSD machine so I can't check if these
problems are FreeBSD
specific.

Thanks!

Thomas