SPAMD stop passing mail from WHITE-list

Vladimir Kapustin msgs_for_me at mail.ru
Thu Feb 8 21:10:46 UTC 2007

>> Nothing unusual, but that the mail stops forwarding from the
>> whitelist.  i.e. the sender resends the mail, gets in WHITE-list in
>> spamd, but the mail does not actually pass the router.
>
>That and the sheer size of your spamdb is weird.

I have about 1000 users behind each router, and many of them have malware on
theirs PCs.

>> pfctl -sn
>> rdr pass inet proto tcp from <spamd> to any port smtp -> 127.0.0.1 port 8025
>> rdr pass inet proto tcp from ! <spamd-white> to any port smtp -> 127.0.0.1 port 8025
>
>try making your rdr interface specific, ie rdr pass on $ext_if and see
>if it makes a difference

Now all is OK. Should I change rdr-rules only if the situation repeats to
see if it really helps?

Is there any way to combine the spamd functionality with max-src-conn-rate
limitation?
I worried only about spam FROM my LOCAL NET. And the spamd itself doesn't save me from
getting into different spam-lists. If only I could limit the spam-rate on $int_if
by PF-rules and then use spamd on $ext_if, I think it would be a good help.

>> No...not malware...suppose that a user doesn't know about malware
>> and uses Outlook to send his mail. He'll get into THE WHITE-list
>> and spamd can't stop HIS malware?
>
>Mail from a whitelisted IP address will pass.
>
>Please contact me off-list (the address works, with greylisting ;)) if
>you want me to see if I can reproduce the problem here, I'll probably
>need larger chunks of your config than you would sensibly put on a
>public list.

Jeg vil gjerne sende deg hvilke som helst stykker av min configs. Kan du
spesifisere hva jeg bor sende?