SPAMD stop passing mail from WHITE-list

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Wed Feb 7 15:06:06 UTC 2007

Vladimir Kapustin <msgs_for_me at mail.ru> writes:

> Nothing unusual, but that the mail stops forwarding from the
> whitelist.  i.e. the sender resends the mail, gets in WHITE-list in
> spamd, but the mail does not actually pass the router.

That and the sheer size of your spamdb is weird.

> pfctl -sn
> rdr pass inet proto tcp from <spamd> to any port smtp -> 127.0.0.1 port 8025
> rdr pass inet proto tcp from ! <spamd-white> to any port smtp -> 127.0.0.1 port 8025

try making your rdr interface specific, ie rdr pass on $ext_if and see
if it makes a difference

> No...not malware...suppose that a user doesn't know about malware
> and uses Outlook to send his mail. He'll get into THE WHITE-list
> and spamd can't stop HIS malware?

Mail from a whitelisted IP address will pass.

Please contact me off-list (the address works, with greylisting ;)) if
you want me to see if I can reproduce the problem here, I'll probably
need larger chunks of your config than you would sensibly put on a
public list.

> tusen takk at du har blitt interessert i problemet mitt

Når du følger min oppskrift, føler jeg at ansvaret faller mer på meg
enn ellers [you said you followed my recipe of sorts, so I do feel a
certain responsibility]