Updating PF

Greg Hennessy Greg.Hennessy at nviz.net
Fri Aug 31 07:13:53 PDT 2007

> Hello,
>
> I'm using PF from a 6.1 FreeBSD kernel (Just added pf_enable="YES" in
> rc.conf) and also using Firewall Builder.

Updating why exactly ?

> How do I know what version is running?

You are running the version of PF which ships as standard with FreeBSD 6.1.
Which IIRC is the same as shipped with OpenBSD 3.6.

> What are the options to update PF? Is there a how-to?

Yes, update your kernel to whatever the last STABLE release of 6.1 is.

> Thanks in Advance, Ben.
>
> P.S.: I'm not good with compiling source code and stuff

Time to learn, it's not hard and the handbook is your friend.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

greg