Any ongoing effort to port /etc/rc.d/pf_boot, /etc/pf.boot.conf from NetBSD ?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 14 11:50:58 UTC 2006

On 2006.07.14 13:26:38 +0300, Ari Suutari wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring
> pf boot-time protection (ie. /etc/rc.d/pf_boot and
> related config files) from NetBSD to FreeBSD ?
>
> This would close small (but as far as I understand existing)
> window during boot where firewall is fully open (if using only
> pf).

I would really like to see this problem fixed.  I have looked at it
before, just not gotten around to doing something about it.

Without having looked more closely at this pf_boot support from NetBSD
it seems like a fine way to deal with the problem.

mac_ifoff(4) might be a way to solve this problem, but it seems a bit
overkill to require MAC to handle this.

--
Simon L. Nielsen