Protocol filter capabilities

Alexandre DELAY alexandre.delay at free.fr
Thu Nov 24 10:23:32 PST 2005

Well, If you want an idea, I found this:
http://freebsd.rogness.net/snort_inline/ in the freebsd-ipfw archive.

The thing is that it works with snort which is not as able as ethereal (and
need to be subscribed) to detect application protocols.

Ethereal already includes performant filters which only wait to be used.

If you need help to develop around dummynet, maybe you can try to contact
luigi who developped dummynet (http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi). He might be
interrested by this program.

Maybe you can tell us more about your project?

Cheers

Alex