PF + FTP issues: syntax errors

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Tue Mar 15 17:37:27 PST 2005

On 2005-03-16 at 02:23:02 iceblaze wrote:

> ftp_server = "10.0.3.21"

> rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 21 -> $ftp_server \
>    port 21
> rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 49152:65535 -> \
>    $ftp_server port 49152:65535

> # in on $ext_if
> pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
>    port 21 keep state
> pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
>    port > 49151 keep state

> # out on $int_if
> pass out quick on $int_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
>    port 21 keep state
> pass out quick on $int_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
>    port > 49151 keep state

> for some reason i continue to get syntax errors with this setup,
> anybody have any ideas? i have tried taking the white space out after
> the \, tried removing the > and \ completely, etc.

Probably because you didn't specify the ext_if and int_if macro's?  If
I add these at the top of your example, it parses without problems
here.  (5.4-PRERELEASE as of Sun Mar 13 01:23:46 CET 2005).

Another problem could be DOS line endings, but you didn't post your
config file verbatim, so we can't verify that. :)