PF + FTP issues: syntax errors

iceblaze iceblaze at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:23:04 PST 2005

Hello all,

I am currently setting up a firewall and having a couple of issues
with syntax. I've been following the openbsd.org's manual specifically
setting up ftp behind firewal and nat, and here is what is posted:

ftp_server = "10.0.3.21"

rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 21 -> $ftp_server \
   port 21
rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 49152:65535 -> \
   $ftp_server port 49152:65535

# in on $ext_if
pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
   port 21 keep state
pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
   port > 49151 keep state

# out on $int_if
pass out quick on $int_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
   port 21 keep state
pass out quick on $int_if proto tcp from any to $ftp_server \
   port > 49151 keep state

for some reason i continue to get syntax errors with this setup,
anybody have any ideas? i have tried taking the white space out after
the \, tried removing the > and \ completely, etc.

thanks

--
Open source is only free if your time is worth nothing.