ALTQ on carp + pfsync?

Constant, Benjamin bconstant at be.tiauto.com
Thu Jun 2 00:11:15 PDT 2005

You are right and this is logical, pfsync is not impacted at all as it is
using internal interface.
It is also true that tcpdump is not showing too much traffic for CARP. I
will assign this type of traffic
to the queue with the highest priority. I still have some interrogation
regarding CARP.

Do you know why I see so much message like this one <carp0: incorrect hash>
in kernel log?

I've another big problem:

I'm currently using two different hardware on the router boxes.
The master router is a dual P4 Xeon (HTT enabled) using 2 em interface (scsi
raid amr).
The backup router is a single P4 (HTT enabled) using 2 em interface (sata
raid asr).
They are both using FreeBSD5.4 stable with same kernel configuration :

backup router: 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #1: Tue May 31 08:53:13 BST
2005
master router: 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #10: Wed Jun  1 11:44:51 BST
2005

When the router crashs, it do not always panic, I just lost access to it
(kbd, network,...).

Here are some result of other tests I made yesterday:

SMP on + CARP on = crash
SMP off + CARP on = ok
SMP on + CARP off = ok

I've a spare box on which I'm able to reproduce the problem so I don't think
it is hardware related.
I'll be happy to help debugging the problem, just let me know how to...

Regards,

Benjamin Constant
TI Automotive

confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI
Automotive.