[pf4freebsd] Re: HEADSUP: Import of pf from OpenBSD 3.5

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 21:05:39 PDT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 00:38, Max Laier wrote:
> All,
>
> I will be importing a new version of pf in the next hour. This is long due
> and really well-tested. However, the first step will bring in
> OPENBSD_3_5_BASE (i.e. the release version, not the STABLE branch). We will
> catch up on -STABLE soon thereafter. Just FYI, better wait a bit before you
> re-build world to get the new stuff.

I am done for now. pf is at the same level as the OpenBSD 3.5 stable branch.
There are some more fixes in OpenBSD-current that are candidates for an MFC
to FreeBSD, but identifying and merging will take some time. If you are
interested in testing pf 3.5, you can start now ;)

If you are aware of fixes in OpenBSD-current that you'd like to have merged,
please drop me a mail. For now we have identified at least one fix from Pyun
YongHyeon:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/pf_norm.c.diff?r1=1.86&r2=1.87&f=h

There are also some FreeBSD specific feature extensions that will go in over
the next couple of days. This includes "jailed" support and matching of
member groups for tcp/udp group syntax. Details will follow.

Best regards,				| mlaier at freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet