[pf4freebsd] Re: pf 3.5 + ALTQ import / Looking for beta testers and altq drivers

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 21:03:23 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 16:00, Igor Popov wrote:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/ has an import of the OpenBSD 3.5 pf
> > sources (OPENBSD_3_5_BASE, stable imports will follow later).
>
> Is there support for dynamically created ifaces? In interview with pf's
> authours, they mentioned that they have.

Yes there is! I am using them successfully on my laptop with a pcmcia wi0 card
and also did some tests with gif tunnels as well as tun interfaces.

Sidenote to this, it might be preferable to move the rc.d scripts above
"netif" now, so that rules are in effect *before* the interfaces come up, but
I haven't look into it yet. Patches welcome!

> In any way I shall try to use it.

YES, you should! ;)

Best regards,				| mlaier at freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661