[pf4freebsd] Version 1.65

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 20:51:12 PDT 2004

Hello,

now it's final. Version 1.65 was just released. Find it at:
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/pf_freebsd_1.65.tar.gz
MD5(pf_freebsd_1.65.tar.gz) = 6956f275a7b971ab07f4ee8e0bdd83e0

The long list of improvements and minor fixes includes:
 - A memory leak on module unload was fixed.
 - Patches to update ruleset for dynamic address changes.
 - Better/Faster locking.
 - Updated versions of the contrib ports. (pftop!!!)

As always a new version can also mean new bugs, but we still believe
that it is a good idea to update - NOW!

If you are wondering about our road-map now that OpenBSD is about to
release version 3.4:
 - "Seek and destroy" all bugs that might still be hiding in the port
   bits of the code, as well as those that come from different
   semantics in various (network) functions between Free- and OpenBSD.
 - Release version 2.0 as soon as OpenBSD tags for 3.4 and we are happy
   with our changes.
 - Release an updated port very soon (maybe even before 2.0)
 - Propose changes to FreeBSD to enable additional features. Such as the
   dynamic address changes.
 - Try to get pf into the FreeBSD base system. (You will find patchset
   proposals anytime soon on our web page.)
 - Cleanup the ALTQ work and build new patchsets.

This reflects the aims for the coming weeks and the priority of the
individual topics.

--
Best regards,
 Max                          mailto:max at love2party.net