FreeBSD 10.1-REL - network unaccessible after high traffic

Cs bimmer at field.hu
Mon May 25 06:34:51 UTC 2015

Hi Julian,

Yes, the problem was the same when I used cross link for two years.
The duplex settings are identical on both servers.

Server A:
em1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=4219b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,WOL_MAGIC,VLAN_HWTSO>
         ether 00:25:90:24:52:66
         inet x.x.x.x netmask 0xfffffe00 broadcast x.x.x.x
         nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
         media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
         status: active

Server B:
em0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=4219b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,WOL_MAGIC,VLAN_HWTSO>
         ether 00:30:48:dd:fe:3e
         inet x.x.x.x netmask 0xfffffe00 broadcast x.x.x.x
         nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
         media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
         status: active

I always suspected the 'em' driver and thought "it will be fixed in the
next release", but after ~3 years I think I need to dig deep to find the
root cause.

Regards,
Csaba