Performance evaluation of PostgreSQL's historic releases

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue Sep 29 16:50:36 UTC 2009

György Vilmos writes:

> I've done a benchmark of recent versions of PostgreSQL's last five major
> releases to see how performance has changed during the past years from
> version to version.

Thanks!
Very interesting.
Did you share it with the Postgresql list yet?
I think they would find it very interesting.

Any plans on doing simmilar tests with data that does not fit in memory?
Also could you share what settings were used for postgres? Where any
defaults changed? Effective memory, shared_buffers, etc... any of them
adjusted for the machine's memory?