Test on 10GBE Intel based network card

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Mon Aug 3 16:11:17 UTC 2009

Invernizzi Fabrizio wrote:
> Hi

ah that's the whole point of tuning :-)
there are severalpossibities:
1/ the card's interrupts are probably attache dto aonly 1 cpu,
so that cpu can do no more work
2/ if more than 1 cpu is working, it may be that there is a lock in
heavy contention somewhere.

is the machine still responsive to other networks while
running at maximum capacity on this network? (make sure that
the other networks are on a differnet CPU (hmm I can't remember how to
do that :-).