Performance Tracker project update

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Wed Jan 23 12:23:54 PST 2008

Robert Watson wrote:

> This looks really exciting!
>
> Do you plan to add a way so that people can submit performance data?
> I.e., if I set up my own test box and want to submit a result once a
> week for that, will there be a way for me to get set up with a
> username/password, submit configuration information, and then
> automatically submit test result datapoints?  Especially if I can
> specify both the X and Y coordinates so that I can backdate results
> should I go back and generate test results for old kernels?

The website and benchmarking slave talk to a PostgreSQL database. It's
definitely possible and part of the design to have multiple computers
participating in a distributed fashion, although it's also possible to
run the setup locally and privately for more ad-hoc testing purposes.

I think it's best if participating machines supply data regularly for an
extended period of time. Single or infrequent data points for a specific
configuration don't make much sense. We need to compare apples to apples.

Erik