Performance 4.x vs. 6.x

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Oct 16 03:25:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 02:01:08PM -0400, Michael Butler wrote:
> For everyone's benefit then, please feel free to submit your patches
> along with your technical analysis.

I think his best bet is a fork, instead.  Then he can tell all the people
that volunteer to work on _his_ project exactly what to do, and see how
far he gets with that approach.

As an extra-special bonus, since it's the BSD license, he can start with
whatever version of FreeBSD he finds most meets his needs.

Even better, with his own project, he can then redirect all his postings
there and leave the rest of us in peace.

Until then, I think I'll watch out for any flying monkeys.  I consider
their existance equally probable.

mcl