Help with improving mysql performance on 6.2PRE

David Xu davidxu at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 5 21:48:27 PDT 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 07:24, Jerry Bell wrote:
> I always thougt that compiling something static increased performance, but
> then that's probably true for things that have to startup and shutdown
> frequently.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jerry

static compiling will link libpthread but not libthr.
I found setting larger buffer in /etc/my.cnf will yield much better result
than default configuration, also turnning off log-bin option makes a
different on my machine.
mysql 5.x is much better than 4.1 on select benchmark, almost extra 25%
performance improvement I can get on athlon64 X2 3800+ running in
64-bit mode.

David Xu