nvidia-drivers with 5.3 and 4.10

dkouroun at cc.uoi.gr dkouroun at cc.uoi.gr
Sun Jan 2 06:01:54 GMT 2005

Hi all!
I am writing a program in OpenGL both in
SuSE 9.0 with the latest nvidia drivers

NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run

and in FreeBSD 5.3, 4.10 with

NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-6113.tar.gz

drivers. I used in both systems the option

Option "NvAGP" "2".

The openGL program was compiled in both systems
with gcc-3.4.3 (-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer)

The results are:

Linux SuSE 9.0      : 330 Frames Per Second
FreeBSD 5.3 Release : 92
FreeBSD 4.10        : 100

Any ideas?

I also reinstalled Nvidia drivers in SuSE just
to make sure that it is not the driver which makes the difference
so I downloaded and installed a version much older than one I used
above:

NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run

The results in performance were the same for Linux!

What is wrong in FreeBSD?

Best Wishes to Everybody for the new year!
D.K.