Some initial postmark numbers from a dual-PIII+ATA, 4.x and 6.x

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 17:41:45 PST 2005

Ooops...

I found a parameter in my comparison between
   time sh -c "dd if=/dev/zero of=a bs=64k count=1000; fsync a"
on R5.1 and R5.3, that was not the same: hw.ata.wc :-))

But I still see 7.9e6bytes/sec on R5.1 and 5.0e6bytes/sec on R5.3,
which is clearly differnt (R5.1 is 58% faster in this test than
R5.3).

Sorry for my bad test, I published here earlier (but the tendence
was the same)...

-Arne