Real and availible RAM

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 23:06:32 PDT 2003

>From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at freebsd.org>
>
>NOTE: This IS a personal message intended for you to read directly.
>
>Please STOP putting a bogus Reply-To: in your emails.  MUA's that do
>proper replies obeying your Reply-To: result in bounces.  Set the
>shit can it.

Well, if I only subscribed to one list I could just set the reply-to
appropriately.  However I don't.  Resetting the reply-to address for every
message just isn't possible.

I assume it's causing the FreeBSD list software problems?

I'll see what I can do - the reply-to for this one *is* a valid address,
though it's an auto responder.  I'll see if I can find a black hole email
address.  If anybody knows of one I can use I'd be interested.  Sadly
hotmail dosn't do one :-)

>This is very anti-social and I ask you to stop it or remove yourself from
>this list.

The reason, should you care (and even if you don't) is that I'm utterly fed
up of my volume of email being doubled by people who simply hit "Reply to
all" to every email.  That and people who seem to assume that because I
responded I must be able to solve all their problems.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?