Major problem with "No buffer space available" errors

Carlos Horowicz carlos at infodrive.com.ar
Thu Jul 17 11:26:24 PDT 2003

Hi

Mensaje citado por James West <jwest254 at mail.com>:

> > So the questions to answer are:
> >
> > 1)	Are you using a lot of ICMP (e.g. ping, traceroute, RIP, etc.)?
>
> The box is almost idle - there's definitely no pings going on, and no
> traceroutes either, also no RIP.
>
> Could this be caused by a flood of some sort? (like a DoS attack?)

I had the same messages some time ago with a similar config : a 4.7 lan
gateway doing nat, two NICs, one connected to an ADSL modem, the other one to
the LAN ... it turned out to be a w2k in the LAN infected with sql-slammer,
hitting my FreeBSD gateway, trying to connect to any ip address out in the
internet scanning for MS-SQL servers... those bursts seemed to be eating up all
network resources of the FreeBSD ... tcpdump helped diagnose the problem, ipfw
solved it. Not sure if this has anything to do with your one NIC setup, but you
might take a look at your traffic. Can't remember either whether the DoS was
tcp, udp or both.

--
Carlos

Mail enviado con INFODRIVE

--
Este mensaje ha sido analizado en busca de virus y otros contenidos peligrosos,
y se considera que está limpio.
-- http://www.infodrive.com.ar - E-mail corporativo

--
Obtenga gratis su cuenta @Argentina.com con AntiVirus,
20mb de espacio y acceso libre UltraVeloz en 24 ciudades