linux-HA

Sat Jul 5 04:47:04 PDT 2003

http://www.leidinger.net/cgi-bin/search.pl?q=cluster&num=10

> as opposed to like an
> taking over an IP when a specific server no longer pings... I say that
> since mysql replication doesn't
> work too well when you're load balancing using round robin A records.
> Forums lose data, stuff like that.

I don't have hard data for load balancing, but at least for failover
situations 2 MySQL (3.23.x) servers replicate without problems here. For
more than 2 systems it is a little bit tricky.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler