Performance tests I did with FreeBSD, Linux and PostgreSQL

Wed Aug 27 02:42:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:15:25 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/postgresql.php

You don't talk about integrity on this page. The ext2fs async mount may
lose the FS in the power failure case, ufs+SU doesn't. You also present
only the ufs sync and async numbers, but not the noasync (default)
numbers, you should either present them or add a note why you don't
present them.

About the "without debugging" description: did you really only remove
INVARIANTS? If yes: you also need to remove WITNESS.

I don't know if 5.1-RELEASE has malloc debugging enabled, but to be on
the safe side you should maybe do a "ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf" before
you start PostgreSQL.

Bye,
Alexander.

--