Problem with openoffice 2.3.1 on freebsd...
peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Dec 28 13:54:20 PST 2007
On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 10:08:38AM -0500, Kris Moore wrote:
>I noticed that a patch was made to fix it:
I've tried this patch and it had no effect - OOo still reports the same
glib initialisation errors and hangs.
On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 04:07:56PM -0500, Kris Moore wrote:
>I found that by setting OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP="gnome" before running any of the
>office programs does allow them to function, without crashing.
Looking at the source, OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP can take the values 'none',
'cde', 'kde' or 'gnome'. Setting it to 'gnome' makes OOo work -
except that it won't exit. When you exit, the window closes but the
soffice-bin process hangs around exchanging messages with X. I suspect
it is waiting for the (non-existent in my case) gnome WM to tell it to
die. All the other values fail in glib initialisation.
Please excuse any delays as the result of my ISP's inability to implement
an MTA that is either RFC2821-compliant or matches their claimed behaviour.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-openoffice/attachments/20071228/44611c7b/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-openoffice