A query about building open office..

Nicolas Blais nb_root at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 19 16:41:48 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 19:37, Randall Stewart wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have a problem and was hoping for some advice..
>
> I recently re-installed my new laptop with 6.1 release.
> Then, I went through the upgrade to 7.0... buildworld all
> that fun.. after a bit of struggle.. ta-da.. I have
> it up and running.. and of course many of the packages
> core (I guess a library issue).. so I went through
> and removed and rebuilt everything .. now all was
> fine until I got to openoffice... :-0
>
> I can build it but it blows up during config... turns out
> diablo-jdk15 seems to be the problem.. when I run
> java -version (like config does).. it core dumps..
>
> In looking into that it appears to be a binary package
> that you get from the freeBSD software foundation... ok.. check
> there web site.. nothing for 7.0..
>
> Now I tried using "Gnu Java".. but of course there is
> no port for that.. or does not seem to be :-0
>
> I know in the past (before I had my new machine).. I had
> 7.0 running with open office... so what trick can I use
> to get it to build?
>
> should I build without Java.. and if so whats the magic
> key to makefile?
>
> Thanks for the advice

If java core dumps on you, I'd stop right there trying to get OO to
compile/work. There are many weird things that will happen (from experience)
if you don't have a working JRE.

So I suggest you take a step back and look at what is causing diablo-jdk to
fail. Perhaps you can post more information ( in the appropriate list ). I
seem to recall that there are issues with diablo-jdk15 in -CURRENT right now
and Greg Lewis is currently working on the issue. On my -CURRENT system it is
working, but I had to hack libmap.conf.

Anyhow, I suggest you look at the freebsd-java list.

Nicolas.

--
FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Sep 17 10:21:02 EDT 2006
nicblais at clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A