A query about building open office..

Randall Stewart rrs at cisco.com
Tue Sep 19 16:37:23 PDT 2006

Hi all:

I have a problem and was hoping for some advice..

I recently re-installed my new laptop with 6.1 release.
Then, I went through the upgrade to 7.0... buildworld all
that fun.. after a bit of struggle.. ta-da.. I have
it up and running.. and of course many of the packages
core (I guess a library issue).. so I went through
and removed and rebuilt everything .. now all was
fine until I got to openoffice... :-0

I can build it but it blows up during config... turns out
diablo-jdk15 seems to be the problem.. when I run
java -version (like config does).. it core dumps..

In looking into that it appears to be a binary package
that you get from the freeBSD software foundation... ok.. check
there web site.. nothing for 7.0..

Now I tried using "Gnu Java".. but of course there is
no port for that.. or does not seem to be :-0

I know in the past (before I had my new machine).. I had
7.0 running with open office... so what trick can I use
to get it to build?

should I build without Java.. and if so whats the magic
key to makefile?

Thanks for the advice

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.