Openoffice-2-devel fails to build

Ian Moore no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au
Mon Jul 4 10:45:23 GMT 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 23:42, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:33:53 +0930
>
> Ian Moore <no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to build openoffice-2.0.20050621  with KDE support. My
> > system is 5.4-RELEASE & I have KDE-1.4.1 installed. My ports tree was
> > cvsuped tonight & all ports except openoffice have been updated.
> > The build stops with a prompt asking for the file to patch.
> > See below for the output of the build.
> > I've had this error trying to buid an earlier version of the port and
> > had no luck trying to fix it. Is there somewhere I sould report this
> > problem other than this list?
>
> Verify that you don't have stale patch files. I usually cvsup with
> ``-s'' and got the same problem. Deleting the port dirt dir and cvsuping
> again without -s resolved this for me.
> If it doesn't help add -DPATCH_DEBUG to make invocation and see what
> file is responsible

Thankyou, that did the trick - after much compilation & changing the version
of bison on my system, I have the latest oo installed.

The only problem is, I built it with the -DWITH_KDE option but I don't think
it's had any effect - it seems to still be using GTK dialogue boxes etc.

Is there some easy way to check that KDE support is really built into it?
I'm assuming that if it is built with KDE, when I choose File, Open, the
dialogue box should be a standard KDE one, instead of the normal GTK one?

Cheers,
--
Ian
gpg key: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~imoore/no-spam.asc