(no subject)Openoffice-1-9 and JDK

Benjamin Thelen bt at ccgis.de
Fri Nov 5 02:47:21 PST 2004

User DickrsbRichard S Bernard wrote:
> Greetings. I started off to install version 1.1, but could not get the
> file down to start. I thought that openoffice-1.0 would do me and I
> could later upgrade. Had no trouble getting the file and the compile
> went right through nicely until, after the mozilla project, it wanted
> jdk-1.3.1.09. I used to have 1.3, but it has gone away and I can't find
> it on the backup.
> I have tried to sort the makefile, but could not find the item.
> Another attempt at 1.1 again could not pull the file and I am not very
> keen on another large compile, at this moment. even if I could get the
> file.
> Could you help me to sort the jdk out, perhaps. Your help would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Regards
> Dick Bernard

Hi Dick,

Not sure that I understand you right. Apart from that, there are two
important information missing in your question:

1. uname -a?
2. XFree86 or X.org?

If you don't want to compile, install the package:

http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/ooomisc/FreeBSD/

You'll find all required information in the mails from epilogue and
dick hoogendijk with the subject OOo-1.1.3, sent 24.10.04.

Otherwise try "make WITHOUT_JAVA=YES" in editors/openoffice-1.1, if
you don't need java.

Regards,
Ben