LibreOffice 7.0 call for testing

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Fri Jul 17 19:44:42 UTC 2020

Hi Dima,

Am 16.07.20 um 07:17 schrieb Dima Panov:
> Hello!
>
> LibreOffice 7.0 branch is over to release candadate and office at FreeBSD team calls everyone interested to join us in testing cycle
>
> Our WIP repository available at GitHub, https://github.com/lwhsu/freebsd-ports-libreoffice, branch 7.0.0
>
> Of course, we support ports’ OVERLAY feature by adding:
>
> OVERLAYS+=/path/to/freebsd-ports-libreoffice
>
> to /etc/make.conf
>
> Poudriere users should follows next steps:
>
> sudo poudriere ports -c -F -p portoverlay
> cd ${LOCALBASE}/poudriere/ports/portsoverlay
> git clone https://github.com/lwhsu/freebsd-ports-libreoffice .
> git checkout 7.0.0
> poudriere bulk -j 121amd64 -p portstree -O portsoverlay editors/libreoffice
>
> Or you can use pre-built packages with default options.
> Take yours from https://people.freebsd.org/~lwhsu/libreoffice/
>
> You can start the LibreOffice with x11 UI backend by setting
> environment variable:
>
> SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen
>
> where ‘gen’ can be replaced by x11, gtk3, qt5 ,kf5, depends on selected build options to get a required vcl active
>
> Current known issue is missed vertical and gorizontal scrollbars with gkt3 vcl.
> Qt5 vcl is already locked to use cairo font renderer.
>
> Patches and suggestions are welcome!
>
> --
> WBR, Dima. (Desktop, KDE, X11, Office)@FreeBSD team
> (fluffy at FreeBSD.org, https://t.me/dima_panov)

Many thanks for the possibility to test the 7.0.0.1 port before the
release is coming. Much appreciated!

I built the port with Poudriere on a 13.0-CURRENT box. It builts and
installs fine. As far as I can say after testing with some types of
files, the following works as expected:

- opening .odt, .docx, .xlsx
- saving the same formats
- opening encrypted files
- exporting to pdf

Using SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kf5, rendering seems fine for me.

Could hardly await the final release of libreoffice and the port :)

Best wishes,
Rainer