Linuxthreads?

Jonathan Villa jvilla at isdesigndev.com
Tue Jul 15 22:41:39 PDT 2003

Ok, I am trying to install MySQL on FreeBSD 5.0 and received some errors
about missing files...

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libstdc++.so.3" not found

install linuxthreads from ports and use this option:
--with-named-thread-libs='-DHAVE_GLIBC2_STYLE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R
-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/pthread/linuxthreads
-L/usr/local/lib -llthread -llgcc_r'

You can take a look in the ports Makefile for more details.